23 de novembro de 2011

Mephistopheles


I
Faust:
 
Claiming immortality
No one ever thinks
For us, there’s no eternity
This cup of poison we all drink

There comes the time to join the dead
When all hope is lost it’s been said
He appears with his grinning face
A temptation in all possible ways…

II
Mephistopheles:
 
I’m the god of a second chance
Would you like to join me in this dance?
I shall set you free
There’s no need to bleed

Now you claim to be alive
I shall ease your suffering
There’s no need to strive
To be saved I just ask for one thing…

III
Faust:

Frightened by the demon in front of me
While I feel the darkness grow around
Am I going mad? Still, I can’t believe
This madness knows no bounds…

Who are you endless creature of darkness?
What do you seek in a poor dying man?
Would you try to make me faithless?
Won’t you kill me? I know you can…

All I wanted was a second chance
A chance to do it right this time
To live again, this time I want no pain
Then I’ll share your dance
And everything shall be mine
I’m now prepared, to call you then…
Mephistopheles!

IV
Mephistopheles:

I am the one you seek
But you can never find
I am the one who molds the night
The full moon of your endless sin

I just ask for your soul
So hold my hand now
You are not alone, no!
You may have it all!

V
Faust:

His eyes ablaze
My mind, a maze
My freedom I chase
I just want to laze

So I closed my eyes
Took his hand and heard his lies
Weak I was, my soul I toss
In the hellish fire and moss

VI
Mephistopheles:

You are my Faust
My new little toy
You’ve paid such a cost
To whom just wanted joy

Now you are mine
And there is nothing divine
That can save you from me
Now get down on your knees
And pray to Mephistopheles!


-Igor Thomas

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário